Research Partners and Affiliated Centers
The Ocean Sciences faculty interact with a variety of researchers from on-campus to off-campus researchers, governmental agencies and non-governmental organizations. We cultivate strong research and academic ties with other academic departments and programs at UCSC, including:
- Earth & Planetary Sciences,
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology,
- Microbiology and Environmental Toxicology, and
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics.
Our research efforts are also supported by our membership and participation in inter- and multi-disciplinary, cross-cutting research units, including
- Institute of Marine Sciences,
- Center for Remote Sensing, and
- Center for the Study of Imaging and Dynamics of the Earth.
Ocean Sciences faculty, researchers, postdocs and graduate students work with colleagues at many regional institutions, including: